1) Is your website fresh?
When I say fresh, i mean fresh with content, Every website owner should have their website updated with latest content, Search engine spiders index new content and in turn your website will potentially rank high on search engines.
2) Does your current site create a professional image for your business?
Outdated graphics and look of the website can turn away your visitors to your competitor’s website which is an eye-catching and easy to use and functional website. A clean looking website gives a professional image to your business and it creates leads and sales.
3) Has your website been damaged by 'Black-Hat SEO?
Forbidden coding and approaches can lead to your site being relegated search engines. Also, outdated website code may be difficult for search engine spiders to read and therefore know what your site is about. As technology changes it is important for you as a website owner to get updated with the latest approaches or your business will be left out in the competition.
4) Design flaws can make it difficult to get listed in search engines and directories.
5) Updating your keywords may be an important element, Identifying new/better keywords and checking your keyword density is important for effective optimisation of your site and higher placement on search engines.
6) Replace your outdated and flashy images with fast loading images which make the site load faster and you can keep your visitors in your website. Even though the internet has increased in speed, you do not want to be slowing your site load time down with large images!
7) Check your website is compatible with all browsers. If you browse the web you see numerous websites that are non compatible to different browsers.
8)There are sites on the internet where you site navigation is complex and frustrating for visitors. Where possible, you should be simplifying navigation and links helping visitors to find information quickly.
9) The other reasons are your website just needs an update.
Many factors go into making an effective web site.
You need to look at the usability of the site to make a site effective. Navigation, colours, fonts and download time are just some of the main aspects.
The key is to understand the basics and then looking at adding specific features that apply to your business' niche. A poorly designed and unattractive website will not do your company justice. A simple change of image can dramatically increase sales.
Redesigning a website is not a costly procedure, but can be a very effective way of enhancing your company's image and boosting business sales.
Contact us to discuss your website redesign in Lincolnshire and East Midlands.